The truth is that many of the farm products out there these days are not organic. People have become impatient with having to wait for a long time to get the crops harvested. Also, many pests and insects are waiting out there to destroy the lovely plants. And because of that, it has become quite hard to get organic products. People now use different chemical methods when it comes to farming. And the truth is that it all boils down to products being unhealthy for consumption. Anyway, let’s not dwell too much on that. Let’s take a look at organic rolled oats. From its name you can tell that it’s organic. Is that all there is to these oats? Let’s find out more.
Oats have become a go-to breakfast meal for a lot of people. It’s very easy to prepare and the good ones come with a lot of benefits. That’s why most houses would always have a box of oats in their kitchen cabinet. Anyway, what’s so special about this guy right here? You could call this a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s that food that many people fail to realize just how beneficial it is to the body. probably because it doesn’t look so great. Well, we will talk a lot more about organic rolled oats as we go on.
Organic Rolled Oats
Organic rolled oats have been around for quite some time. Rolled oats have always been known as the traditional oats. What happens is that the whole grain oat is first gotten and then steamed. After that, it softens and then the oat is pressed till it’s flat. The good thing about this type is that it’s faster to cook. Because of its shape, it accepts liquid faster even though it maintains its shape.
Let’s look at some nutritional facts about this oat. Organic oats give you a good amount of protein. Also, you would be able to get the daily recommended dose of manganese in a single serving of oats. At the same time, it’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. All these work together to build the immune system of the body and provide nutrients to the different parts of the body.
There are many ways that you can prepare your oats. Come up with different recipes. This way you wouldn’t get tired of consuming oats regularly. The good thing is that oats fill you up well. So when you consume oats it would take a while before you would get hungry again. This is particularly good for people that are always too busy to even get a meal. It would help sustain you and give you the strength you need for some hours.
- Good fiber content: Everyone knows that oats are one of the best sources of fiber. It contains beta-glucan which happens to be a soluble fiber. It dissolves well in water and forms a thick substance. This substance then promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. And with this digestive function improves.
- Contains antioxidants: As mentioned before, this organic oat is a great source of antioxidants. They help with the boosting of nitric oxide inside the body. And with that, there is a lowering of blood pressure. At the same time, antioxidants have always been known to have anti-inflammatory effects. This helps prevent inflammation. And also helps improve circulation in the body.
- Reduces bad cholesterol: The bad cholesterol in the body happens to be LDL cholesterol. The component of oats responsible for this is the soluble fiber. It helps with getting rid of cholesterol-containing bile. When this happens the LDL cholesterol in the body reduces. With this as well, the risk of having certain diseases that have to do with the heart and blood vessels around the heart is low. So you can assume that the risk of having a stroke and heart attack greatly reduces.
- Helps stabilize blood glucose level: They are known to have a low glycemic index. And because of this, they have a reduced effect on the blood glucose level. At the same time, they prevent sudden spikes in blood glucose levels. Another interesting thing is that this oat helps increase the sensitivity of cells to insulin. This is highly beneficial for people that are insulin resistant. With this, the blood glucose level would be maintained.
- Helps with weight loss: You already know that organic oats are low in calorie content and rich in fiber content. These two combinations are great for weight loss. You would feel fuller for a long time and with that, you wouldn’t consume so much food within a short period. This is because it affects the satiety hormone. This hormone sends signals to the brain that you are full. With that, you wouldn’t feel hungry.
- Helps regulate digestion: Another thing that oats do is that they help out with constipation. If oats are consumed daily you can expect that your digestion would be greatly improved. This way you wouldn’t have to deal with any digestive problems.
Should You Opt for Organic Rolled Oats?
Well, this is based on your preference but you can be sure that you would enjoy organic rolled oats. They come with so many benefits and over time you would notice the different benefits in your body. Given the fact that it’s organic, you can be sure that it’s safe. This way you can be sure that you wouldn’t be exposed to chemicals that could harm you.
There are different brands of organic rolled oats that you can opt for. Just take a look at some of the best brands out there. This should be able to guide you as to which one to opt for. Make sure that the brand is reliable and trustworthy. Once this is settled then you can enjoy your oats every morning just before going out. And you can be sure that you would not regret opting for that box or pack of organic rolled oats.