Papaya has an increased level of antioxidants and has alpha-hydroxy acids that are naturally occurring along with papain, an enzyme that is linked to better digestion. Additionally, papaya can also oxygenate the skin and prevent pores from clogging. Papaya’s natural properties can also provide individuals with healthy and glowing skin without breaking the bank when compared to other pricier spa and skin treatments.
In this article, we will look at some of the specific benefits of papaya and the different papaya enzyme mask people can choose to DIY or craft o their own. Read on to find out more.
The Health Benefits and Skincare Benefits of Papaya
Before we look at the different ways of coming up with DIY Papaya Enzyme masks, let us look at some of the health and skincare benefits of papaya as detailed below:
- Vitamins C and A: Papaya contains the said vitamins, and both of these act as antioxidants, which can help in the management of free radicals and help in breaking down elastin and collagen, which can lead to the development of crepey skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. Individuals who take steps in the prevention of aging that is premature, they are addressing the skin’s free radicals.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid- For those who want an all-natural exfoliator, then BHA or beta hydroxy acid may just be the thing to look for. Papaya contains significant levels of BHA which can act as a gentle exfoliator. It aids in the removal of dead skin cells at the top level to reveal the layer of skin underneath that is younger and more radiant looking. Lastly, BHA can get dissolved in the skin, which helps address the breakouts of acne.
- Antifungal Compounds- Papaya also contains compounds that can fight off fungal infections which include those brought about by dermatophytes and yeasts. While people may not be suffering from an infection on the chest, neck, or face, it is still ideal to prevent breakouts using papaya.
- Enzymes- Aside from papain, papaya contains different enzymes that can aid in skin looking wrinkle-free, healthy, and smooth. The enzymes can help skin irritation and reduce skin inflammation due to the harmful UV rays of the sun and those caused by allergens and pollution.
- Potassium- This is a mineral that is crucial to a healthy diet. When potassium-rich food items are consumed such as papaya, carrots, grapes, and spinach, the body can digest crucial minerals and transport them to where they are needed the most, and most of the time, the skin is not where it is allocated. Fortunately, individuals can directly apply papaya to their skin to address areas such as the neck and the face.
- Papain- This enzyme is a special one unique to said fruit and is a potential contributing factor to BHAs effectiveness by ridding skin impurities, dissolving sebum, removal of dead skin cells, and unclogging of pores. Papain can be likened to an exfoliator that is supercharged but is also gentle enough to help skin glow and look healthy.
- Flavonoids- These are plant metabolites or chemicals, resulting from the photosynthesis or metabolism of plants, which can enhance and improve the pathways of the cells within the body. But people may be wondering how can papaya? That is because once these flavonoids are topically applied, it can lead to stronger cell pathways, signaling between elastin and collagen fibers. As such, flavonoids can aid in the development of the structures that support the skin for it to become smoother for extended periods.
Different DIY Papaya Enzyme Mask Options to Try Out
Below are some of the options of individuals for their DIY papaya enzyme mask recipes:
Papaya, white clay, and Cream Face Mask
This is a mask that is perfect for those who want soft skin, a circulation that is improved, tighter skin, and gentle exfoliation.
To come up with this DIY cream, follow these steps:
- Add a cup of the fruit to a blender
- Add a quarter cup of cream
- Mix in a tbsp of white clay
- Blend and combine the ingredients well until a paste-like consistency is reached
- Spread the concoction on the skin and leave for around 15 minutes.
- The mask should be removed using water that is lukewarm.
- The skin should then be rinsed using cool water before patting it down with a soft and clean towel.
Papaya, honey, and Egg white Face mask
This DIY recipe is perfect for those who want to have their pores shrunk, tighten loose skin, and fighting the aging symptoms.
To come up with this DIY Face mask, follow the steps detailed below:
- Mash a half cup of papaya
- In a separate bowl, whip an egg white until a froth is formed before combining with the mashed papaya
- Add a teaspoon of honey. Combine well
- Wash the neck and face using lukewarm water and address open pores or remove makeup using an oil-free cleanser.
- Apply the said mask to the desired area and leave on to dry for fifteen minutes
- Wash the dried mask off using water that is lukewarm as well.
- Once totally removed, have the skin rinsed once again with cool water.
Papaya, Banana, and Cucumber Face mask
How to make it:
- Cut a cucumber that is unpeeled and put in a food processor
- Add a quarter cup of bananas to the processor
- Add a quarter cup of pieces of papaya
- Combine until a paste is achieved.
- Wash off the dirt and makeup before applying the mask
- Remove the mask after 15 minutes by using lukewarm water
- Finally, rinse out the remnants of the mixture using water that is cool.
Papaya Enzyme Face Masks can provide individuals with that effective skin health solution that is all-natural and much easier on the pocket and the skin such as the neck and the face.